As an Asian woman, I have typical Asian lashes that are short, straight and stubby. I'm in constant search of quality mascara. I've never had much luck with Revlon mascara, but this one was on clearance (for $4.05), so I decided that because of the discount, it was worth a try.
Below is my review.
Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Mascara Review
(Price: $4.97 at Wal-Mart)
Quality and Performance (3 points total. 30% weight.)
- Formula didn't clump, but didn't run either.
- But formula isn't anything special.
- In fact, it felt thin.
- It took several applications to get a luscious appearance.
- I was disappointing because it didn't plump lashes as expected. (Product claimed 200% more volume, but in reality it plumped about 50%.)
- Overall quality is so-so.
Intensity (2 points total. 20% weight.)
- I chose "blackest black."
- I expected product to be extremely intense, especially because I chose the darkest color.
- But intensity was average.
- Product's intensity was also disappointing, because it just wasn't as intense as the produce claimed.
Wand (2 points total. 20% weight.)
- I loved the wand.
- It's long, and reaches every lash.
- The brush is luscious, and lays on thick.
- The wand separates, brushes, and also applies.
Lasting Power (2 points total. 20% weight.)
- Mascara lasted a few hours.
- I was pleased.
Packaging (1 point total. 10% weight.)
- The silver-green tube offers a contemporary effect.
- It looks both interesting and bold.
- However, I felt that the tube was too big for a mascara. Just didn't feel ergonomic.
- Awesome wand. The brush is long, luscious, and applies well.
- Mascara has good lasting power.
- So-so quality.
- So-so intensity.
- Did not provide the 200% more volume as product claimed.
- Awkward packaging.
I don't want to use this again. Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping mascara wasn't terrible, but wasn't great either. It just isn't worth re-purchasing.